Holidays can be unpredictable. Any number of things can go wrong when you’re travelling in a foreign country (especially when you don’t speak the local language!).
Comprehensive Travel Insurance prepares you for just about every type of event, from a cancelled flight to money for clothes if your luggage is lost – all from as little as $3.32 per day.1
- Unlimited emergency cover for hospital, medical, surgical, nursing, ambulance and emergency dental expenses while overseas
- Overseas emergency medical assistance – your specialist medical advisor will arrange access to foreign hospitals, keep your loved ones and work colleagues informed during an emergency and organise medical transfers and repatriation if needed
- Cancellation fees and lost deposits if your trip is rescheduled or cancelled
- Personal liability if you damage property or accidentally injure someone on your trip – excludes liability from your work or from operating any kind of vehicle
- Replacement or repair of lost, stolen or damaged belongings
- Free cover for your kids (under 21 years of age) when they travel with you
- Additional expenses for extra accommodation and transport that might arise from sickness, injury, natural disasters and strikes. You’ll even be covered for the cost of resuming your journey if you have to return to Australia early if a travelling companion or close relative gets sick or suffers a disabling injury
- Miscellaneous expenses up to $50 per day if you happen to be hospitalised overseas for at least 48 hours
- Cover for accidental death paid to your beneficiary if you die from being injured while travelling
- Payout for permanent disability if you suffer an injury on your trip that causes total loss of sight in one or both eyes or total loss of the use of a limb
- Reimbursement of lost income for up to 26 weeks if you’re injured while travelling and unable work when you get back to Australia after the first 30 days from when you arrive home
- Replacement of important travel documents, credit cards or traveller’s cheques that are stolen or lost during your trip. If your lost or stolen documents are used illegally by others, the cost of your legal liability will also be paid for as long as you comply with all the document’s conditions
- Stolen money, including cash, bank or currency notes, or postal or money orders up to $250
- Extra protection for your most important possessions when you add specific luggage items to your policy
- If your luggage and belongings are delayed by a carrier for more than 12 hours, you’ll be entitled to up to $375 to purchase essential clothing and toiletries. This limit is doubled if you still haven’t received your luggage and personal effects after 72 hours
- If your scheduled transport is delayed by over 6 hours, you’ll be entitled to a reimbursement of $200 a day for extra accommodation costs
- Reasonable expenses to get you to a special event on time if something goes wrong
- If your rental vehicle is damaged or stolen, we’ll cover the rental company’s insurance excess up to $5,000
- Full protection for trips lasting up to 365 days2
- Remove the standard $200 excess from your claim for just $25 extra
Please note: this is a summary of our Comprehensive Travel Insurance policy. Make sure to read our Product Disclosure Statement for full details.
The Kogan Travel Insurance Difference
- Fantastic value – enjoy a worry-free trip from as little as $3.32 a day1
- Greater peace of mind – with unlimited emergency cover when travelling overseas
- Round the clock service – get help anywhere in the world with 24/7 support from our emergency assistance team.
- Experience you can trust – Kogan Insurance is underwritten by Hollard Insurance, a trusted insurer who has secured the lives and assets of over 1 million Australian customers
1 Prices based on a 20 day trip to Bali for a traveller aged between 18 and 49 and taking out a Comprehensive travel insurance policy.
2 Cover is available for up to 185 days if you’re aged between 71 and 79 when you buy the policy. Cover is not available if you’re aged 80 or over.
Got a Question?
1300 034 888