Pay As You Drive Insurance
For those that only drive a little, Pay as You Drive Insurance is a great value option that offers all the benefits of comprehensive cover at an even better price.
The less time you spend on the road, the more you’ll save!
How it Works
Step 1: Get a Quote
Contact us online or call us on 1300 034 888 and tell us how many kilometres you plan to drive each year. We’ll let you know if you qualify and give you a quote.
Step 2: Provide your start odometer
Next, you will need to provide the start odometer reading of your car when you purchase the policy. Your end odometer reading is calculated by adding the amount of kilometres you plan to you drive to the start odometer reading that you have disclosed.
Step 3: Top up Your Kilometres
If at anytime during the year you are coming close to your end odometer reading, simply call us to top up your kilometres. This will increase your end odometer reading. (You’ll need to pay extra premium to increase your end odometer reading)
If you make a claim at a time when you’re above the end odometer reading shown on your Certificate of Insurance, then you’ll need to pay the basic excess, an Outside odometer excess and any other applicable excesses at the time of a claim.
- Accidents, fire, storm, theft and damage to your car and belongings
- Damage to other vehicles and property
- Receive a brand new car with on-road costs paid if your new car (in the 24 months after purchase) is written off
- Get a guarantee on claim repairs when you use one of our specially selected repairers
- Replacement of damaged child safety seats, baby capsules and prams (up to $500)
- Lock and keys replacement if your car keys are stolen
- We’ll even help with repair costs to trailers and caravans if they’re attached to your car in an accident
Please note: this is a summary of our Pay as You Drive Insurance policy. Make sure to read our Product Disclosure Statement for full details.
The Kogan Car Insurance Difference
- Fantastic value – save up to 10%1 when you purchase online and choose your level of excess to keep premiums low
- Customise your policy – choose from a range of optional extras to suit your lifestyle
- Stress-free payment options – choose from a range of flexible payment options, with no extra charges for paying monthly
- Round the clock service – lodge a claim or request emergency assistance 24/7
- Experience you can trust – Kogan Insurance is underwritten by Hollard Insurance, a trusted insurer who has secured the lives and assets of over 1 million Australian customers
1.Up to 10% discount consists of 5% saving for online applicants, savings in first year only. Up to 5% off if you choose to exclude drivers under 25. Minimum premiums may reduce savings discount.
^Valid for Comprehensive Car Insurance policies only. Offer only valid for policies purchased between 16 November 2017 and 18 December 2017 inclusive. Cashback will be offered to eligible policyholders within 45 days of receiving their first monthly/annual premium payment. Policy must remain active and must not have been cancelled or refunded within that 45 day period. The customer must provide a valid email address and Australian bank account to receive this cashback offer. The customer will be sent an email requesting they click a link and provide Kogan Insurance with their bank account details (BSB and account number) so that Kogan Insurance can deposit the cash into the nominated bank account. No other cashback or transfer method is available. Customers will have 14 days provide their bank account details. Cashback will be sent to the nominated bank account within 7 days of the end of that 14 day period. No responsibility will be taken for customers failing to provide correct bank account details by the due date, and the customer is responsible for maintaining the security of their email account and computer systems. Kogan Insurance reserves the right to amend or withdraw this offer at any time.
Got a Question?
1300 034 888