For those that only drive a little, Pay as You Drive Insurance is a great value option that offers all the benefits of comprehensive cover at an even better price.
The less time you spend on the road, the more you’ll save!
How it Works
Step 1: Get a Quote
Contact us online or call us on 1300 034 888 and tell us how many kilometres you plan to drive each year. We’ll let you know if you qualify and give you a quote.
Step 2: Provide your start odometer
Next, you will need to provide the start odometer reading of your car when you purchase the policy. Your end odometer reading is calculated by adding the amount of kilometres you plan to you drive to the start odometer reading that you have disclosed.
Step 3: Top up Your Kilometres
If at anytime during the year you are coming close to your end odometer reading, simply call us to top up your kilometres. This will increase your end odometer reading. (You’ll need to pay extra premium to increase your end odometer reading)
If you make a claim at a time when you’re above the end odometer reading shown on your Certificate of Insurance, then you’ll need to pay the basic excess, an Outside odometer excess and any other applicable excesses at the time of a claim.
- Accidents, fire, storm, theft and damage to your car and belongings
- Damage to other vehicles and property
- Receive a brand new car with on-road costs paid if your new car (in the 24 months after purchase) is written off
- Get a guarantee on claim repairs when you use one of our specially selected repairers
- Replacement of damaged child safety seats, baby capsules and prams (up to $500)
- Lock and keys replacement if your car keys are stolen
- We’ll even help with repair costs to trailers and caravans if they’re attached to your car in an accident
Please note: this is a summary of our Pay as You Drive Insurance policy. Make sure to read our Product Disclosure Statement for full details.
The Kogan Car Insurance Difference
- Fantastic value – save up to 15%1 when you purchase online and choose your level of excess
- Customise your policy – choose from a range of optional extras to suit your lifestyle
- Stress-free payment options – choose a payment schedule to suit your needs
- Round the clock service – lodge a claim or request emergency assistance 24/7
- Experience you can trust – Kogan Insurance is underwritten by Hollard Insurance, a trusted insurer who has secured the lives and assets of over 1 million Australian customers
1.Up to 15% discount consists of 3 parts, 5% promotional discount for a limited time only & 5% discount for online purchases for all new car policies, both discounts applicable first year only. Up to 5% to exclude drivers under 25. New policies only. Minimum premiums may reduce savings discount.
+$100 Kogan.com Credit offer: Valid for Comprehensive Car Insurance, Pay As You Drive Car Insurance, combined Home and Contents Insurance and combined Landlords Building & Contents policies only. Offer available from 1/11/2019 to 31/1/2020. Kogan Insurance reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw this offer at any time. Kogan.com Credit (Credit) will be sent to the e-mail address of eligible policyholders after 45 days of payment of their first monthly/annual premium. Policy must remain active and must not have been cancelled or refunded within that 45 day period. The customer must provide a valid email address at time of purchase to receive this Credit. Credit can only be claimed through a Kogan.com account. If you do not already have a Kogan.com account, you will be required to register for a Kogan.com account for free. You will be sent an email to create an account so you can claim your Kogan.com credit, in doing so you will be required to accept the standard terms and conditions that Kogan.com requires all account holders to accept in order to open a Kogan.com account. Credit expires 3 months from date of issue. Credit is not transferable or redeemable for cash.
Got a Question?
1300 034 888