QBE Insurance (Australia) is the claims administrator for Kogan Home Insurance – so if you need to make a claim, QBE’s claims consultants are ready to help.
Take a look at the steps below. If you still aren’t sure what you need to do or how the claims process works, please call 1300 034 888. 24/7 access is available for you to lodge a claim or for emergency claims. For other claims enquiries, please call Monday to Friday, 8am to 5pm, AEST.
For general claims enquiries, please call Monday to Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm, AEST.
Theft or damage to your home?
- Prevent further loss or damage and ensure the safety of yourself and those around you
- Call the police if something was stolen or vandalised, or if required by law
- Lodge a claim online or call 1300 034 888 at the earliest convenience
Making a claim is quick and easy. Check out these three easy steps that apply when your policy covers repairs to your home or contents.
- Make your claim online
- Call our 24/7 claims line on 1300 034 888
- Contact your broker to help you.
To make your claim, you’ll need:
- Your policy number
- Details of what happened, including the damage or loss
- Photos of the damage
- Proof of ownership, such as receipts, bank statements, owner’s manuals, photos and videos of your damaged or lost items
- Receipts and invoices for repair work already completed.
A dedicated claims officer will manage your claim. If we accept your claim, we may be able to make a decision on your claim if we have all the details, or we’ll let you know if we need more information.
We may appoint a Preferred Loss Adjuster or services provider to visit your home at a convenient time. They’ll help you through the process, with your claims officer. They’ll inspect the damage before we let you know what we can repair or replace.
We’ll tell you if there are any excesses you’ll need to pay. You can also talk to us if you’re in financial hardship.
If we can repair your property, we’ll provide a qualified and preferred builder to fix things to your state’s standards. We’ll manage the process and pay the builder, minus any excess that applies.
We may confirm your property is a ‘total loss’, if it costs more to repair or replace than the sum it’s insured for. If this happens, we’ll pay out your claim after we deduct any excesses and premiums that apply.