“Pre-existing medical condition” refers to any medical or dental condition at any time prior to your policy purchase or at any time after your policy purchase but prior to your departure:
- That is ongoing or chronic,
- That has been diagnosed, or is being investigated, or is pending diagnosis or test results;
- That manifested itself, became acute or exhibited symptoms, which would have caused a reasonable person to seek diagnosis, care or treatment within 30 days prior to booking a particular journey or your travel departure date;
- Where you have visited an emergency department, required hospitalisation, or had surgery for;
- That you currently receive treatment, take prescription medication, receive regular check-ups or consult a medical specialist for
- Where there are any complications, whether direct or indirect, that are related to such conditions as referred to above
This applies to you, your dependants, your travelling companion, a relative or any other person. This includes any complications, whether direct or indirect, that are related to the pre-existing medical condition.
If you suffer from a medical condition between the time you purchase the policy and your departure date, you are covered for Benefit 3 –Cancellation fees and lost deposits from the time the policy is issued. However, you are not covered under any other benefits between the time you purchase the policy and the end of your period of insurance for claims arising from or related to Pre-existing Medical Conditions.
See the Product Disclosure Statement for full details of the terms, conditions and exclusions before you buy Kogan Travel Insurance, so you can be sure it’s right for you.