As of 3 February 2022, we are no longer partnering with our previous underwriter Hollard Australia for Home, Motor or Landlord insurance. That means, from this date we are no longer offering renewal on existing Hollard policies because the products no longer exist. We are planning to offer alternative policies using another underwriter and will publish more information about this once the details are confirmed.

You can find more information on our Information page.

For Existing Policyholders Only

Motor Burnout Optional Cover

If you own a household appliance with a motor, like a fridge or washing machine, Motor Burnout Cover provides the protection you need.

It covers the cost of repairing or replacing an electric motor that’s part of your insurance, so you don’t have to face a lengthy period without refrigeration or clean clothes!

What’s included

  • The cost to repair or replace the motor on an item that’s included in your home and/or contents policy if it fuses or burns out wiring
  • Restocking of spoiled food (up to $1000) if your freezer or fridge accidentally breaks down, or the public electricity supply fails1

Please note: this is a summary of our Motor Burnout Cover policy. Make sure to read our Product Disclosure Statement for full details.

1$1,000 cover applies to Top Cover home and contents policies only. Essential home and contents policies are covered up to $500 only.

Make A Claim

Got a Question?

Call Us

1300 034 888

Product Disclosure Statements