Our policy provides limited cover for pregnancy.
If You know You are pregnant at the Relevant Time, You will need to apply for cover if:
- there have been complications with this pregnancy or a previous pregnancy;
- You have a multiple pregnancy e.g. twins or triplets; or
- the conception was medically assisted e.g. using assisted fertility treatment including hormone therapies or IVF.
Whether or not You have to apply for pregnancy cover, the following restrictions apply to claims arising in any way from the pregnancy of any person.
- Cover is only provided for serious, unexpected pregnancy complications that occur up until the 24th week of pregnancy i.e. up to 23 weeks, 6 days. Gestational age is measured in weeks and days and is calculated from the last known date of Your menstrual period or calculated from staging ultrasound.
- Childbirth is not covered.
- Costs relating to the health or care of a newborn child are not covered, irrespective of the stage of pregnancy when the child is born.
What does this mean?
Expectant mothers should consider if Our products are right for them when travelling after 20 weeks gestation as costs for childbirth and neonatal care overseas can be expensive.